For novices and small business models, warehouse and sales management in Excel is a very basic and quick method to use. To use Excel to handle sales and inventories, you must first create tables into which you may input data. The kinds of tables required to handle sales and inventory, as well as the information needed in those files, will be listed in the following article to make warehouse and sales management using Excel more successful.
1. Inventory Management
You’ll need fundamental warehouse information sheets, such as a product list, an export, import, and inventory log, and a general import and export, to create an excel file for warehouse management.
To summarize the list of items in the shop, a sheet list of products is required. Each item will be labeled with information such as the order number, product name, product code, input price, selling price, and unit of computation to make it easier to handle the different kinds of products in the warehouse.
The export, import, and inventory diary is used to record information on items shipped and imported during the period so that the General sheet of export, import, and inventory may be easily summed up at the end of the period. You will need the following information in the export, import, and inventory log sheet: Order number, date, product name, product type, calculating unit, unit price, total money, quantity imported in a day, quantity exported in a day, remarks
After summarizing data from the export, import, and inventory log sheet, the export, import, and inventory summary sheet describes the status of export, import, and inventory of goods in the warehouse at the conclusion of the period. Order number, product name, product code, name of products, unit of calculation, opening balance, input in the period, output in the period, inventory at the end of the period are all examples of information that should be included on the sheet.
2. Sales Management
In order to handle sales with simple excel, you’ll need input sheets and statistics data, such as a sales diary and revenue management.
The daily sales information is stored on the sales diary sheet, which includes the following information: date, product name, product code, price, quantity, and money. The sales diary sheet will assist the management in summarizing daily income and analyzing the best-selling goods in each period so that an inventory or a push strategy can be developed.
Time, product name, product code, input price, selling price, quantity sold in the period, revenue, and interest are all summarized on the revenue management sheet.
3. Tips to use the excel file to manage inventory and sales effectively
- Create a management file that is specific to your business model: because each industry has its own characteristics, inventory and sales management files for each industry are unique. As a result, instead of using the existing warehouse and sales management excel file template, you should refer to it and adapt it to fit your company’s needs.
- Learn how to use Excel’s functions and features to make data entering easier.
- When adding data into Excel spreadsheets, it’s important to save it frequently to avoid losing data due to a power outage or a computer problem. Go to File > Option > Save > under the Save workbooks section, adjust the auto-save time in the Save AutoRecover information every box (unit is minutes) > OK to enable the automatic saving function in Excel 2010.
4. A simpler way to replace warehouse and sales management with excel
There are already a lot of sales management software available that may help merchants with inventory management and sales. There will be sales management software with appropriate functionality depending on the size and sector.
The following are some of the benefits of using sales management software for inventory and sales management:
- During the first data import, limit manual data entry and use synchronization and batch data import options.
- There’s no need to master complex math or how to create Excel functions.
- Users don’t need to know how to compute in Excel.
- There is a technique to help with inventory and sales management.
The Omisell omnichannel sales management system can efficiently support management duties with the multi-channel sales model, notably selling on e-commerce platforms such as Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, Sendo, and others. Payment reconciliation between shipping units and suppliers, multi-point warehouse Omisell helps merchants prepare for major sales campaigns like Mega Sale and Flash Sale on exchanges by providing comprehensive warehouse management tools like buffer inventory management and additional inventory. At the same time, it has the ability to swiftly synchronize and process orders, assisting the business in increasing sales.