Changing order information is a regular thing that happens while you sell online, including e-commerce platforms such as Lazada, Shopee … or websites on Haravan and Shopify platforms.
However, when are we allowed to change order information on Omisell, and how to ensure maximum consistency and synchronization when you do this.
You are allowed to change order information when the order is in the status of New, Waiting for confirmation, Approved but not yet created a bill of lading.
- You can change shopper information, update phone number, address or payment method.
- You can add new products to the list, edit existing products to another product, but cannot delete existing products because sales channels are bound to update product information, order by code. The product has arisen on the sales channel. In case you want to remove an existing product from the order, please cancel the order and place a new order on behalf of the customer on the sales channel, then re-sync the order from the sales channel to Omisell.
- You can change the stock for each product or for the whole order in case the default stock is not full. However, depending on the sales channel, the application must comply with the policy of the selling channel, especially e-commerce platforms such as Lazada, Shopee …
- Internal notes: This is a feature that helps you to note down the order processing steps in case the order takes a long time to check and verify between departments.
Once you have created a bill of lading, you need to perform the following steps if you need to edit it:
- In some cases, you are required to change the payment information for the order, change the product, etc., then you need to cancel the created bill of lading, then edit and create a new bill of lading.
- In the case of a bill of lading in the process of delivery, you cannot do this, or if you do this, it will lead to asynchronous information between channels. You need to record information changes, monitor and make appropriate adjustments both on reporting and financial systems…
We do not recommend changing order information once you have authenticated and created the bill of lading, this affects the entire process and involves many parts of the business. Causing a loss of control or a waste of time for many personnel and teams.
So how can you optimize the single processing process, limiting the change of information:
- Double check the order information before creating the bill of lading (Buyer information, payment method, inventory and sales policy at the time)
- Restrictions on accepting the change of order information when the order has been confirmed & created a bill of lading.
- Change order information only when it is required, to avoid affecting the automation process built by the system.